Journeyman Electrician Careers at 1000Bulbs.com
Job Description: The Journeyman Electrician position is primarily responsible for commercial sign work with extensive experience in troubleshooting, controls, lighting, and neon.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Organized and studies work orders, gathering tools and supplies necessary.
- Follow processes to guarantee quality standards are maintained and business objectives are met.
- Diagnoses electrical problems by studying diagrams, specs, and troubleshooting systems.
- Conducts tests and repairs faulty electrical parts and components.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment.
- Driving the company bucket trucks and proper setup of elevated jobs.
- Focused on quality workmanship, thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handling several projects simultaneously.
- Experience with bucket trucks, not DOT.
- Must have a good driving and safety record.
- Electronics troubleshooting guru.
- Confidence and know-how to manage projects independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to develop strong working relationships with internal peers.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- 4+ years experience as a paid electrician.
- Verifiable references and work history.
- Journeyman Electrician and/or Journeyman sign license.
If you are interested in working for this growing and dynamic company please send resume with salary requirements to: Cynthia Quick cquick@1000Bulbs.com
Careers at 1000Bulbs.com
What we do
1000Bulbs.com distributes replacement lighting products as well as residential, commercial, and industrial lighting fixtures nationally and internationally to more than 350,000 clients.
Who we are
1000Bulbs.com is a privately owned lighting company incorporated in Texas. 1000Bulbs.com carries thousands of items from simple household bulbs to cutting-edge specialty lighting products. Kim Pedersen, founder of 1000Bulbs.com, got his start in the lighting industry in 1979 when he responded to a newspaper ad for a straight commission lighting sales position. Based in Elkhorn, Nebraska, he sold door-to-door throughout the Midwest until 1982 when he relocated to Dallas to work for a national lighting distributor. 13 years later, Kim invested a small amount of savings into starting the company that would become 1000Bulbs.com. The company's first office was in the back bedroom of Kim's home in Mesquite, Texas and consisted of two sawhorses and an old door for a desk.The 1000Bulbs.com web site was launched in 1995. Since that time it has grown to an award-winning business of nearly 100 employees and is still growing.
Why we are growing
The 1000Bulbs.com business model supports a commitment to providing outstanding customer service, low prices, safe and fast shipping, and quality product with variety.
1000Bulbs.com Company Benefits
- Convenient North Dallas/Garland Location
- State of the art computer equipment and working supplies
- Dual Computer Monitors
- Extensive Training Program
- Long-Term Career Opportunities
- No Nights and Weekend work required
- Competitive Compensation
- Nice/New Working Environment
Employee benefits after 90 days of employment:
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation - One week in first year
- Paid sick time - 5 days per year
- Group Benefits:
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Program
- Full range of cafeteria group insurance available. Company pays 75% of individual Medical Insurance Premium.
- Company pays 100% for Life Insurance Coverage of $10,000
- Company pays 100% of Long-Term-Disability coverage up to $1000 per month