26,000 - 45,000 Lumens
(Showing 3 categories)
Light Distribution Types for LED Area Lights
Even though two LED area light fixtures can have the same color temperature and Lumen output, you may notice one appear to make a space brighter than the other. This could be due to a difference in light distribution type. The type you need for your application will be determined by how wide or narrow an area you need to illuminate. There are five different types of light distribution:
- Type I: A two-way lateral light distribution designed for walkways, sidewalks, and other narrow applications. Typically installed in the center of the pathway to be lit.
- Type II: A distribution with a lateral width of 25 degrees. Typically installed on the side of smaller side streets, jogging paths, or entrance roadways.
- Type III: A distribution with a lateral width of 40 degrees. Designed for general parking areas and roadways.
- Type IV: A distribution with a lateral width between 90 and 270 degrees. Designed for installation of the sides or buildings, the perimeter of parking areas, and side-of-road lighting.
- Type V: A circular distribution with the same light intensity at all angles. Meant for large open areas what evenly distributed light is needed, such as intersections and large parking lots.