Downlight Diameter (Inches)
Color Temperature (Kelvin)
Lumens Per Watt
LED Downlight Modules
(Showing 6 categories)
LED Recessed Downlight ModulesLED Recessed Downlight Modules bring the low energy costs and long life spans of LEDs to recessed lighting applications. LED downlight modules are at least 85% more energy efficient than traditional recessed downlights, and they last up to 10 times longer, averaging between 30,000 and 50,000 hours. Integrating the trim, lens, and LEDs all in one fixture, these modules also require fewer components than traditional recessed lights and are easy to install: all you need is an appropriate housing to plug them into!
Important Factors to Consider:
- Wattage Equivalent: Your LED module's wattage equivalent should match the wattage of the bulb you're replacing.
- Lumens: Lumens measure the brightness of a light. More lumens = brighter light.
- Color Temperature: 2700K-3000K are standard color temperatures for downlights, but they can go as high as 5000K. The lower the color temperature, the more yellow the light. The higher the color temperature, the whiter the light.
- CRI: CRI stands for Color-Rendering Index. The higher the CRI, the better you will be able to perceive color. Above 80 is considered a good CRI.
- Size: Most downlights come in 4-inch or 6-inch options. Measure the diameter of the can inside the housing.
- Base: Typical bases are Medium and GU24. Check the kind of socket your housing uses, and buy a module with a compatible screw-in or plug-in base.