A-Shape CCFL - 5 Watt - 30W Equal
Yellow - Dimmable - TCP 8A05Y
The TCP 8A05Y yellow, cold cathode compact fluorescent lamp operates at 5 watts and 120 volts. This dimmable, A-shaped bulb provides illumination equivalent to a 30-watt incandescent bulb with an impressive life rating of 25,000 hours. Ideal for frequent start applications that require rapid flashing, this festive yellow bulb is great for amusement parks, roof lines and signs.
Mercury containing products sold into the state of WA include an environmental handling charge of .95/each
|MPN (Part No.)||8A05Y|
|Safety Rating||UL Indoor/Outdoor|
|Incandescent Equal||30 Watt|
|Base Type||Medium (E26)|
|Start Temp. (Min)||-20 Deg. F|
|Start Temp. (Max)||160 Deg. F|
Please understand that dimmable cold cathode fluorescent (CCFL) light bulbs will not work properly at the same voltage settings used for incandescent light bulbs. If you simply replace your incandescent light bulbs without adjusting your dimmer, your new dimmable CCFL light bulbs will flicker and extinguish at the low voltage setting. Therefore, we recommend the following procedure when installing dimmable CCFL light bulbs:
- Turn off the power to your current incandescent light bulbs.
- Replace the incandescents with your new dimmable CCFL light bulbs.
- Re-energize the lighting circuit with your dimmer in the "full light" setting.
- Slowly dim your new CCFL light bulbs until they just begin to flicker.
- From that point, raise the light level slightly until all CCFL light bulbs are operating without flicker at a dimmed level. Set this level as your new "low setting."
This procedure should prevent flickering, extinguishing at low levels, and early failure of CCFL light bulbs. If, however, these difficulties occur, replace any CCFL light bulb with an incandescent light bulb. The addition of an incandescent or inductive load will stop the flicker, allow a lower light level setting, and should prolong the life of your CCFL light bulbs. Please let us know if we can help in any other way. (3/7/10)