Cyalume ChemLight® LightSticks vs. Other Light Sources
ChemLight® Light Sticks don't rely on batteries or electricity; there's no bulb, flame, spark, heat, smoke or fumes - just safe light.
- Candles: The Red Cross specifically warns against using candles for light because of the flame's severe risk of fire. The Red Cross recommends ChemLight® Light Sticks for a home safety kit.
- Flashlights: Provide limited, spot illumination and can be very expensive per flashlight. They run on batteries which immediately begin to drain when installed and may be run down when you need them. Batteries are toxic, leak, corrode and harm the environment. ChemLightt® LightSticks are always ready, fresh and completely safe.
- Kerosene or oil lamps: Pose a serious risk of fire, are not mobile and cannot easily go where you need light - during power outages, evacuations and roadside emergencies. ChemLight® LightSticks are safe, portable, and can go where you need them