□ Bulbrite (1) □ Digilamp (2) □ Digilux (1) □ Energy Miser (2) □ Feliz (2) □ GE (3) □ Global Consumer (2) □ Hortilux (11) □ HydroFarm (12) □ Indoor Grow Science (6) □ MaxLite (6) □ Narva (2) □ Philips (1) □ Plantmax (17) □ Satco (3) □ Spectralux (8) □ SunPulse (1) □ Sunlight Supply (3) □ Sunmaster (4) □ Ultra Sun (8) □ Ushio (2) □ Xtrasun (5)
(Showing 11 categories)
Types of Grow Lights
- Metal Halide Grow Lights or MH grow lights emit strong, cool white light that results in compact, leafy vegetation. This makes them most popular for leafy vegetables like lettuce and herbs. Life hours range from 6,000 to 20,000 hours. We offer these MH HID lights in a variety of wattages and from brands such as Plantmax, SunPulse, Hortilux, Ultrasun, and Xtrasun. Not all MH bulbs offer a universal burn position, so check on the product page to see if the bulbs are universal or horizontal burn.
- Ceramic Metal Halide Grow Lights or CMH grow lights come in both warm and cool color temperatures. With less radio frequency (RF) interference than LEDs, these lights are more efficient than other HIDs of the same wattage. Just like standard metal halide grow lights, the cool white light helps stimulate leaf growth. Trusted brands like Phillips deliver the output and confidence you need for your crops.
- T5 Fluorescent Grow Tubes operate at low wattages and temperatures. We offer them in different color temperatures to promote growth at the different stages of a plants life cycle. Halogen white lamps (3000K) are intended for the flowering period, and full spectrum daylight lamps (6400K and 6500K) are intended for the seedlings, cuttings, and vegetative period. Green T5 fluorescent tubes offer light that is not as visible to the plants, but allow you to see and move through the space. These grow lights are used primarily at night to keep the plants on an appropriate day/night schedule while not hindering your ability to walk through the grow room. Green light has also been shown to create shorter, denser yields. PowerVeg spectrum boosters offer additional light in specific wavelengths to help increase yield during different stages of the grow cycle.
- High Pressure Sodium Grow Lights or HID grow lights produce high output ideal for stimulating plant growth. HPS grow lights emit strong, warm white light that promote flowering. We offer these HPS HID lights in wattages ranging from 150 Watts to 1500 Watts in brands such as Hortilux, SunPulse, Plantmax, Ultra Sun, DigiMax, GE, PLT, Ushio, and Xtrasun.
- Dual Arc Grow Lights contain both metal halide and high pressure sodium arcs within the same lights, dual arc grow lights allow growers to reap the benefits of both lighting technologies, from the vegetative to the flowering stage without needing to switch out bulbs part way through the grow cycle. We offer these unique HIDs in 1000-Watt options in brands such as Plantmax, Ultra Sun, and Hortilux.
- Conversion Grow Lights are either metal halide lights that are used with high pressure sodium ballasts (MH conversion lamps) or high pressure sodium lights that are used with metal halide ballasts (HPS conversion lamps). A conversion bulb offers you the opportunity to switch the light in your MH or HPS fixture without changing ballasts. It is also a convenient option when you only have room for a single fixture but want the advantages of both HPS and MH lighting. Since MH grow lights maximize growth during the vegetative cycle and HPS lamps maximize flowering, conversion grow lights are an easy way to take advantage of both technologies while only requiring one fixture.
- T8 Fluorescent Grow Tubes are a low-wattage and low-temperature options offered in a full spectrum daylight color temperature (6500K) to stimulate plant growth in the vegetative period.
- Double Ended HPS Grow Lights are the most high-output HIDs. Like our other HPS grow lights, they come in warm color temperatures, typically ranging from 2000K to 3000K, favoring the flowering stages of growth. Double ended bulbs require special fixtures and ballasts, but provide outstanding light intensity with a long lifespan, typically 5,000 to 10,000 hours.
- CFL Grow Lights operate at low wattages and temperatures. CFL grow lights are a good choice for offices and residences where space is limited because the light bulb can be placed up to 6" away from the plant without burning it. Available in different color temperatures, you can maximize plant growth during different stages of the plant life cycle. Lower color temperatures are ideal for larger leaves during the flowering stage and higher color temperatures maximize plant height, used predominantly for seedlings, cuttings, and the vegetative stage.
- Incandescent Grow Lights imitate natural light to assist plant growth. Our selection includes R20, R25, R30, and R40 options. Incandescent lights are typically best for the flowering stage because of the low color temperatures.
- LED Grow Lights are used in LED grow light fixtures. Typically a combination of red and blue bulbs are used throughout the entire grow cycle, but it is possible to switch them out part way. The resulting yield depends in part on the type of plant being grown.